This vacancy is closed
About the choir
The NSKAD consists of about 35 members and has been specialising in classical music for 85 years. We consist of students and recent graduates from Nijmegen and surrounding areas. Every year we give two major concerts of our own, sometimes in cooperation with other (student) music associations. We also sing at various other (smaller) occasions. Furthermore, once every few years we organise an exchange with a student music society from abroad. Our repertoire is varied; recently we have sung music by Fauré, Dvořák, Pärt, Kodály, Bach, Purcell and Duruflé.
The NSKAD is a pleasant, young and active choir with the will to develop continuously and give the best possible concerts. We are looking for a conductor who wants to take on this challenge with us!
We are looking for a conductor who recognises themself in the following profile:
- Has an affinity with students and the student atmosphere.
- Has a flexible attitude and work ethic towards small performances outside the big concerts.
- Is available for weekly rehearsals on Tuesdays from 19:45 to 22:15, in Nijmegen.
Knowledge and experience
- At least holds a Bachelor’s degree (PM) from a conservatoire, preferably in choral conducting, or is in the final phase of their studies.
- Has demonstrable (preferably multi-year) experience conducting a diverse classical repertoire.
- Has experience in conducting soloists. Experience with instrumentalists and orchestras is preferred.
- Has knowledge of and pays attention to vocal techniques.
- Has good knowledge of English.
- Has a clear own vision of the music and knows how to convey this to the choristers.
- Can lead rehearsals with great enthusiasm and humour and knows how to challenge our student members.
- Is ambitious and knows how to guarantee and develop the quality of the choir.
- Has good communication skills and knows how to deal with an annually changing board, consisting of students.
- Is active and constructive in working with the repertoire committee to determine the repertoire for the concerts.
If you would like to apply, please send your CV, references (optional) and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, no later than 17 August 2022. Based on the submitted applications, we will invite a number of candidates for an interview with our application committee. These interviews will take place between 23 and 30 August. In consultation, we can make an exception on the interview period. After this, you may be asked to conduct in a test rehearsal. The test rehearsals will take place on 6, 13 and 20 September 2022. Your position will start in September 2022.